The 2020-2021 Dexter Community Schools calendar is available now. Dexter is currently scheduled to start school on September 8 – one of the few local districts returning after Labor Day. However, be sure to check back as school gets closer in case they make any changes when their Return to Learn plan is announced.
The 2020-2021 school year will be impacted by the continued social distancing and spread of COVID-19. Be sure to check our article on Michigan’s Return to Learn Plan. We will be sure to share any announcements of 2020-2021 plans for Dexter – especially if it affects the calendar.
Dexter Community Schools Start Date
School starts Tuesday, September 8. Dexter Community Schools is a rare local district that is still starting after Labor Day in 2020. Washtenaw Intermediate School District has received a waiver for all the constituent school districts to start before Labor Day – this year and in future years.
School starts with a half-day.
Dexter Community Schools End Dates
The school year is scheduled to end with a half-day on June 17 with a half-day. The school year can be extended if there are too many snow days or other days where learning is lost.
In February 2017, Washtenaw Intermediate School District announced the dates for Winter and Spring Break through 2022.
The 2020-2021 break schedule is:
- Winter Break – Saturday, December 19-Sunday, January 3
- Break starts after school on Friday, December 18
- School Resumes on Monday, January 4
- Saturday, March 27-Sunday, April 4
- Break starts with a half-day of school on Friday, March 26
- School Resumes on Monday, April 5
Thanksgiving is not included in the county Major Breaks schedule. Many districts have Wednesday off, but Dexter has a half-day on Wednesday, November 25. Their Thanksgiving break includes Monday, November 30. They return to school on Tuesday, December 1.
- Thursday, November 26-Monday, November 30
Individual Days Off
Dexter Community Schools Includes very few days off that are not part of one of the major breaks..
Days off are:
- Martin Luther King, Jr Day – Monday, January 18
- Presidents Day – Monday, February 15
- Bonus Day – Tuesday, February 16
- Memorial Day – Monday, May 31
Dexter Community Schools has a number of half-days built into their calendar.
- Tuesday, September 8 (First Day of School)
- Wednesday, October 7 (Teacher Training)
- Thursday, November 12 (Parent/Teacher Conferences)
- Friday, November 13(Parent/Teacher Conferences)
- Wednesday, November 25 (Thanksgiving Wednesday)
- Friday, December 11 (Teacher Training)
- Thursday, January 21 (High School Exams)
- Friday, January 22 (High School Exams)
- Wednesday, March 10 (Teacher Training)
- Friday, April 23 (Teacher Training)
- Wednesday, June 16 (High School Exams)
- Thursday, June 17 (High School Exams/Last Day of School)
Unlike many other local districts, all students have half days for high school exams
Dexter Community Schools Calendar
Be sure to double check the Dexter School Calendar on their website. Be sure to check back for any changes they make to the calendar due to COVID-19 or in case of typos in our article.