Submit an Event
Have you checked out the new Ann Arbor with Kids Membership levels yet? All paid memberships include Display Image Listings. Silver, Gold and Platinum levels include advertising credits that can be used to promote your events.
Upgrade your listing:
Basic calendar listings are free. However, we offer several options to improve your event’s visibility.
A maximum of 9 Sponsoring Events (at any level) will be displayed at one time. At most 6 Plus/Premium Events will be displayed at one time. We guarantee display* up to 4 weeks prior at the Premium/Plus Event and up to one week prior at the Sponsoring Event Level. There is no discount if you purchase your event upgrade with less time than the guarantee. If you purchase your event upgrade outside these windows, it may display for longer if the inventory is available.
The below prices are for single events. Contact us for pricing on recurring events. Pricing will be based on event frequency and duration.
- Premium Sponsoring Event – $100 – Includes Plus Sponsored Event Benefits and sponsorship of a weekend or weekday roundup which is shared on Facebook and Twitter and includes a Facebook boost. Your event is also shared on Instagram and Twitter.
- Plus Sponsoring Event – $45 – A Sponsoring Event plus up to one month in the newsletter weekly and daily newsletters. All Plus Sponsoring Events are included in an in-content ad. They receive an additional Facebook share 2 weeks prior to the event. Plus Sponsoring Events are guaranteed to be in the In Content Ad and Event Calendar for up to 4 weeks.
- Sponsoring Event – $30 – Sponsoring Events are listed above the events calendar and as a group on the home page. Yours is guaranteed to be displayed one week prior to your event. They are added to the weekend (or weekly) newsletter the week of the event. They are shared once on Facebook a day or two before the event They also appear with an image and excerpt on the event calendar.
First submit your event below, then once you receive the success message, you can pay for your single event upgrade below. Note: Events are still subject to editorial approval and must meet the Submitted Event Requirements.
Submitted Event Requirements:
- Events should be submitted at least three days prior to the event date to ensure publication (and by noon on Thursday for inclusion in the Weekend Roundup E-mail)
- Events should be for kids from birth through teens. We will also list occasional events that are geared towards parents (for example, a parenting class) or expecting parents.
- Only paid listings may offer coupons for events.
- We do not list religious services – community events held by religious groups are fine.
- We do not list political or advocacy events.
- Events should be open to the general public and not just members of an organization.
- If you are listing a multi-day/recurring event, the event needs to be available on a drop-in basis for a single session. If registration is required for the entire sequence, it is not a calendar event. Please contact us for promotional options.
- You cannot list regular business hours on the calendar.
- Please include your contact information in your submission (name and either e-mail or phone number). This will not be included on the published event unless you also include it in the text portion of the listing.
- Event Date, Time, & Location (please select an existing location if available)
- In the Event Details, please include:
- Event Description
- Event Costs
- Registration Information (if applicable)
- Event Link
- Photo (optional). By including this photo you are acknowledging that you have permission to use this photo for commercial/marketing purposes and are granting Ann Arbor with Kids permission to publish.
- When selecting categories, please select all relevant categories. Use Control-click to select multiple categories
- If you are submitting an event with multiple occurrences that are not on a regular schedule, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I can duplicate events and adjust times much faster than you can submit individual events.
Event submissions may be edited before publication.
Please make sure your event submission was successful. You should see a success page in place of the form (the top part of the page will remain the same) and receive a confirmation email. If you are having trouble, make sure you have selected days and times and a location, or your image may be too big. Try submitting without the image and emailing it to us. For featured events, we prefer a 1200×630 image for Facebook sharing.
If it has been more than 48 hours since your submission please contact Ann Arbor with Kids at email@example.com to make sure there were not technical difficulties with your submission.
Once you have successfully submitted your event above, you can pay for an event upgrade on the confirmation screen. If you wish to do a Premium Featured event for a specific weekend, contact us for availability and we will bill you based on availability.