The 2020-2021 Lincoln Consolidated Schools calendar is available now. As previously announced, school is starting early this year – on August 31. While the calendar is published, things may change based on social distancing needs.
The 2020-2021 school year will be impacted by the continued social distancing and spread of COVID-19. Be sure to check our article on Michigan’s Return to Learn Plan. We will be sure to share any announcements of 2020-2021 plans for YCS.
Lincoln Consolidated Schools Start Date
School starts Monday, August 31. This is a first for Lincoln Consolidated Schools. School typically starts the Tuesday after Labor Day which would have been Tuesday, September 8. Washtenaw Intermediate School District has received a waiver for all the constituent school districts to start before Labor Day.
Elementary Students will start school with a half-day. Middle and High School students will go for a full day.
Normally, I would want more notice on an earlier than normal start. But with social distancing and uncertainty this summer feels very different than other years.
Lincoln Schools End Dates
The school year is scheduled to end with a half-day on June 11. The school year can be extended if there are too many snow days or other days where learning is lost.
In February 2017, Washtenaw Intermediate School District announced the dates for Winter and Spring Break through 2022.
The 2020-2021 break schedule is:
- Winter Break – Saturday, December 19-Sunday, January 3
- Break starts after school on Friday, December 18
- School Resumes on Monday, January 4
- Saturday, March 27-Sunday, April 4
- Break starts after school on Friday, March 26
- School Resumes on Monday, April 5
Thanksgiving is not included in the county Major Breaks schedule. However, most districts (including Lincoln) are off Wednesday-Sunday.
- Wednesday, November 25-Sunday, November 29
Individual Days Off
Lincoln Consolidated Schools Includes several days off. With school returning before Labor Day, there are extra days off on the 2020-2021 calendar.
Below are my predictions with confidence levels:
- Pre-Labor Day – Friday, September 4
- Labor Day – Monday, September 7
- Friday, October 23
- Martin Luther King, Jr Day – Monday, January 18
- Monday, January 25
- Presidents Day – Monday, February 15
- Memorial Day – Monday, May 31
Lincoln Consolidated Schools has a number of half-days built into their calendar.
- Friday, September 18
- Thursday, October 22
- Friday, October 30
- Friday, November 13
- Friday, December 4
- Friday, January 15
- Friday, February 12
- Friday, March 12
- Thursday, March 18 (Elementary Only, Middle and High School full day of school)
- Friday, April 9
- Friday, May 7
- Friday, May 28
- Friday, June 11
Middle & High School Only Half-Days
Middle and High School Students have several half-days when elementary students are in school for the whole day. Most of these are for exams.
- Wednesday, January 20 – Mid-Term Exams
- Thursday, January 21- Mid-Term Exams
- Friday, January 22- Mid-Term Exams
- Tuesday, April 13 – PSAT/SAT Test Day – 1:30p dismissal
- Wednesday, April 14 – PSAT/SAT Test Day – 12:30p dismissal
- Monday, May 17 – Seniors only – Senior Finals
- Tuesday, May 18 – Seniors only – Senior Finals
- Wednesday, June 9 – Final Exams
- Thursday, June 10 – Final Exams