Date(s) - 04/02/2017
NOTE THIS EVENT HAS ALREADY OCCURRED
100 Briarwood Circle, Ann Arbor
Join Briarwood Mall for a sensory-sensitive time to meet with the Easter Bunny before the mall opens. Lights will be dimmer, music will turned off, and lines will be eliminated through advanced reservations and use of a number system instead of a line.
From Briarwood Mall’s Press Release on the Easter Bunny
Briarwood Mall’s Caring Bunny™ event will offer families that have children with special needs a subdued environment to participate in the Bunny Photo Experience. Caring Bunny, the largest program of its kind, has been developed by Simon and is guided by AbilityPath.org, a national online resource hub and special needs community. Over 90 Simon® properties will host the Caring Bunny this season. Promotional assistance for Caring Bunny has been provided by Autism Speaks.
On March 26 and April 2 at 9 a.m., many steps will be taken to reduce sensory triggers, creating a more comforting environment for children’s cherished visit with the Bunny. The subdued environment is likely to include (specific elements or aesthetics may vary):
- Turning off in-mall music, stopping escalators located near the photo set, dimming the lights and shutting down fountains for the duration of the event.
- Eliminating queue lines through the use of a numbering system whereby guests approach the set when their number is called.
- Special activities geared toward the needs of the child during the ‘wait’ period to help the child understand what activities will occur during the visit.
Register for Caring Bunny at http://BriarwoodMall.Eventbrite.com.
- Event Website: https://www.eventbrite.com/o/briarwood-mall-6304155331
- Organizer Phone: Not Provided
- Organizer Email: Not Provided
Download the event (.ics format) to your event calendar at this link: iCal
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be cancelled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, or we can make mistakes.