Huron River Day
Date(s) - 05/19/2019
Cost: Free (Charge for some activities like canoes or kayaks)
NOTE THIS EVENT HAS ALREADY OCCURRED
Region: East Ann Arbor
3000 Fuller Rd, Ann Arbor
Huron River Day is an annual celebration of the Huron River held by Ann Arbor Parks at Gallup Park. Starting in 2018, Huron River Day moved from its traditional July date to May.
My daughter and I had a great time at the 2018 Huron River Day. She loved kayaking, stand up paddle boarding, and the other activities.
- $5 rentals on canoes and kayaks (free if you ride your bike to the event)
- Try Stand-Up Paddle Boarding
- Bike tune-ups from Common Cycle volunteers
- Presentations by Dirt Doctors at 2 and 4 p.m.
- Participate in the Enviro-Challenge to earn a prize
- Butterfly house from the Michigan Native Butterfly Farm
- Live animals from the Leslie Science & Nature Center
- Nature Hikes by Natural Area Preservation at 1 and 3 p.m.
- River critters with the Huron River Watershed Council
- Stream activity with the University of Michigan Natural History Museum
- Local Food Trucks
Washtenaw County’s Parker Mill County Park will offer tours of the Pioneer Grist Mill.
- Event Website: https://www.facebook.com/events/694773130916603/
- Organizer: Ann Arbor Parks & Recreation
- Organizer Phone: Not Provided
- Organizer Email: Not Provided
- Age Range
- Arbor Annie's Picks
- High Schoolers
- Middle Schoolers
Download the event (.ics format) to your event calendar at this link: iCal
Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be cancelled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, or we can make mistakes.