Ann Arbor Labor Day: What’s Open & Closed
Labor Day marks the end of summer. Usually we try to take it easy on the last day before school starts and don’t do much besides get ready for the first day of school. If you’re a bit more ambitious, we’ve got details on Ann Arbor Labor Day Events, Closures, and more.
Each holiday it is a challenge to figure out which places are open and which are closed. I have compiled the special events list below and a list of places that have confirmed that they are open or that they are closed. I will keep the list updated over the weekend as I hear about more openings or closures.
Last Day for Swimming
Labor Day is the last day that most of our local outdoor swimming pools and water parks are open for the 2018 season.
- Ann Arbor Parks Pools
- Buhr Park
- Fuller Park (remaining open until 9/17 this year)
- Veterans Park
- Rolling Hills Water Park
- (Note: Blue Heron Bay is typically open, but a mechanical failure caused them to close early this season.)
- Movie Theaters
- Briarwood Mall
- Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop – 9a-5p – 50% off on Labor Day
- Matthaei Botanical Gardens 10a-4:30p
- Toledo Zoo – Open 10a-5p – Check out details from our last visit.
- Detroit Zoo – Open 9a-5p
- Imagination Station (Toledo) – 10a-5p – Check out our review
- Grocery Stores & most of the big box stores are open
Upcoming Sponsored Events
Ann Arbor Labor Day Closures
- All Ann Arbor District Library Locations
- Ann Abor Hands-On Museum
- University of Michigan Museums
- Museum of Natural History – closed until spring 2019
- Museum of Art
- Kelsey Museum of Archaeology
- Zoey + Joey
- Learning Express
We will update the list as more places announce closures. If you know of one we missed, add it to the comments.
Ann Arbor Labor Day Events:
at Washtenaw Farm Council Fairgrounds, Ann Arbor Michigan
|Michigan State Fair
at Suburban Collection Showplace, Novi Michigan