I love fall flavors…apples, stuffing, etc. As I was pondering how to best use all of the apples that my family picked at Wasem Fruit Farm, I decided to make Apple Chicken Stuffing Balls.
Apple Chicken Stuffing Balls Inspiration
About 10 years ago I started to make an apple stuffing variation using cider and apples in my boxed stuffing mix. Last year I found a recipe on Pinterest for Spinach Parmesan Stuffing balls. I made them for Christmas and loved them. I was inspired to combine these recipes to create a version that includes protein to make them more of a meal option. I decided on chicken although you could also use nuts, pork, or turkey.
These are wonderful! They are the perfect combination of stuffing, apples, and chicken. I am seriously addicted! The best part, is that they can easily transition from a party appetizer, to a hearty snack, or even a main course just by altering the size that you make (smaller for a party appetizer, larger for a main course). I will definitely be making these again.
Apple Chicken Stuffing Recipe
Apple, chicken, and Stuffing Mix combine in the
- 8 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 T cinnamon chipotle spice blend
- 8 oz dry stuffing mix
- 1 2/3 c apple cider, hot
- 2 small apples
- 2 T butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 375
- Coat chicken with spice blend and place in baking dish.
- Bake 20 minutes or until cooked throughout. Allow to cool
- Peel & dice apples. Shred or mince chicken
- In a large bowl, combine stuffing mix, cider, apples, chicken, and butter. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs and stir to mix well
- Form into balls of desired size (We recommend 1" for appetizers, 2" for lunches) and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes based on the size of the balls (until they are golden on the outside)
Save time by using leftover chicken. If cider isn't in season, substitute apple juice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 167mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 10g
View Our Other Apple Recipes
Check out our other Apple Recipe:
Share on Pinterest
Share our Apple Chicken Stuffing Balls on Pinterest.