Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls are the perfect way to up your fall weekend breakfasts.
Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls Inspiration
Back in April I discovered a video for a Giant Apple Pie Cinnamon Roll and saved the link for fall apple season. My husband loves making cinnamon rolls on weekends, so I knew we had a winner.
But, we’re lazy and use canned cinnamon rolls instead of making them from scratch. So I adapted the recipe to use canned cinnamon rolls.
Yesterday we went apple picking at Wasem (Check out our list of Ann Arbor Apple Orchards & Cider Mills). We wanted to use our fresh apples for breakfast, so I made Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls.
Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls – Tips
The apples you use can have a big impact on the details of the recipe. We picked Cortland, McIntosh, Gala, and Prime Gold. All of our apples were mixed in the same bag, but I am pretty sure I used Cortland and Prime Gold in the recipe.
I used varieties that hold their shape when baking. If you use softer apples, you will need to cook them less and may want to add an extra apple to account for the loss of volume.
On my first bite, I found my cinnamon roll a bit dry, but as soon as I added the syrup from my plate it was perfect.
Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls are the perfect way to up your fall weekend breakfasts. They combine fresh picked apples, maple syrup, and simple cinnamon rolls.
- 2.5 TBSP butter
- 6 apples, medium
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1/4 c Maple Syrup
- 1 TBSP Cinnamon
- dash Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 can Refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls, 8 count
- 1 TBSP Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Peel Apples. Cut into wedges (I used a corer with 8 wedges). Cut each wedge in half horizontally.
- Preheat Oven to 400F (or temperature recommended on your refrigerated cinnamon rolls)
- Melt butter in large pan on stove. Add Sugar, Maple Syrup, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, and Lemon Juice. Stir until smooth.
- Add apples and cook until softened, stirring frequently. Time will depend on the variety of apples used.
- Transfer apples and syrup to a 9x9 square glass baking dish. Top with refrigerated cinnamon rolls.
- Bake 17-20 minutes (adjust based on directions for your cinnamon rolls) or until cinnamon rolls are golden and cooked throughout.
- Brush icing on top of completed cinnamon rolls.
I used a blend of Prime Gold and Cortland apples that we picked the previous day. Adjust your baking temperature and time based on the suggested times for your cinnamon rolls.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 199Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 118mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 4gSugar: 30gProtein: 1g
Our Other Apple Recipes
Are you looking for more apple ideas? Check out our other apple recipe: