Cinnamon Roll Turkeys
Ever since Halloween ended I have been seeing cute ideas for Christmas food all over my social media. Somehow cute Thanksgiving food gets lost in the shuffle. I decided to help combat that by making Cinnamon Roll Turkeys from refrigerated cinnamon rolls – perfect for a Thanksgiving morning breakfast.
Since we are using refrigerated cinnamon rolls in a can, these turkeys are super easy to make and clean up making them perfect for Thanksgiving morning. In the past we have made both Easter Bunny and Mickey Mouse cinnamon rolls, so it was easy to reconfigure them into turkeys.
Disclosure: Ann Arbor with Kids is compensated for sales through Amazon links. Thank you for supporting the site with your purchases.
To make Cinnamon Roll Turkeys, I started by pre-heating my oven as directed on the can and lining a pan with a Silpat baking mat.
To make one turkey:
- Place a cinnamon roll on your baking mat leaving room to add feathers and feet.
- Unroll a second roll stretching it lengthwise to thin the dough as you unroll.
- Take 2″ of dough and fold over as the head. Pinch onto the body.
- Make 4 feathers of various sizes using approximately 1.5″ of dough for each and folding it over. Pinch each feather against the body roll.
- Leave about 1/2″ total and split into two parts to make feet and attach to the base.
- Bake according to package directions
- Decorate as you see fit. We added the provided icing, chocolate chips for eyes and to outline the wing, and pumpkin seeds to decorate the feathers.
These cinnamon rolls can be made with any flavor of canned refrigerated breakfast roll. We used Orange Sweet Rolls to make our Turkeys.
Upcoming Sponsored Events
Want to find the recipe later? Repin this pin on Pinterest.
Latest posts by Anna Mae (see all)
- North American International Auto Show Rolls into Town – Enter to Win Tickets – January 12, 2019
- Arbor Annie’s Weekend Roundup – January 11-13 – January 11, 2019
- Ann Arbor Restaurant Week Winter 2019 – January 9, 2019