With schools closed for COVID-19 prevention, many children rely on school breakfast and lunch for healthy meals. There are a number of resources for continuing these services in Ann Arbor and surrounding communities.
Map of Pickup Locations
Who is Eligible?
The food resources below through the public school systems are for children up to 18 years old or any child with special needs through age 26. Meals will contain a balanced breakfast and lunch and will be distributed to children and parents/guardians. Due to social distancing, the meals will be packed to go instead of being shared in a community setting.
Note, some districts require you to pre-register for a pickup to ensure enough meals are prepared.
Ann Arbor Public Schools Program
Ann Arbor Public Schools and Chartwell Food Services will be providing to-go meals for pickup. If you have food allergy needs or cannot make it to a pick-up location, please call the AAPS Food Hot Line: 734-994-2265
Upcoming pickup dates are:
- Friday, March 27
- Tuesday, March 31
- Friday, April 3
- Tuesday, April 7
- Thursday, April 9
- Tuesday, April 14
- Friday, April 17
- Tuesday, April 21
- Friday, April 24
- Tuesday, April 28
- Friday, May 1
- Tuesday, May 5
- Friday, May 8
- Tuesday, May 12
- Friday, May 15
Food distribution is from 11a-12:30p at most locations. Peace Neighborhood pickup is from noon-1:15p.
- Peace Neighborhood Center – Peace Maple Meadows Satellite 1111 N. Maple Rd
- Community Action Network
- Arrowwood Hills Community Center – 2556 Arrowwood Trail
- Bryant Community Center – 3 W Eden Ct
- Green Baxter Court Community Center – 1737 Green Rd
- Hikone Community Center – 2724 Hikone Dr
- Pinelake Village Coop – 2680 Adrienne Dr – outside the clubhouse
- Lakestone Apartments – 4275 Eyrie Dr – outside the clubhouse
- Scio Farms – 6655 Jackson Rd – outside the clubhouse
- Orchard Grove – 2835 S Wagner – outside the clubhouse
- Carpenter Elementary – 4250 Central Blvd – outside the school
- Scarlett Middle School – 3300 Lorraine – outside the school
- Carrot Way – 1731 Dhu Varren
- Arbor Club Apartments – 1100 Rabbit Run Cir
- Avalon Housing – 701 Miller
- Avalon Housing – 1500 Pauline
- Coachville – 3423 Carpenter Rd
- Arbor Meadows – 5229 W. Michigan, Ypsi
Upcoming Sponsored Events
Ypsilanti Community Schools Program
Ypsilanti Community Schools is providing breakfast and lunches for children during the school closures. Pickup is available for breakfast and lunches.
Upcoming Ypsilanti Pickup Dates
Ypsilanti Community Schools has altered their food pickup schedule as of April 13. They are now offering pickups only on Thursdays, but have added distribution sites.
Pickups are available from 11a-1p at all locations. Select locations also offer a 4-6p distribution. The evening distributions are handled by Food Gatherers and will be non-perishable items.
Ypsilanti Pickup Locations
Locations marked with a * offer the evening pickup in addition to the lunchtime pickup.
- A.C.C.E. – 1076 Ecorse Road
- Arbor One Apartments – 799 Green Rd
- Christian Love Fellowship – 1601 Stamford Rd
- Erickson Elementary School – 1427 Levona St
- Holmes Elementary School – 1255 Holmes Rd
- * Parkridge Community Center – 591 Armstrong
- * Strong Tower Ministries – 134 Spencer Lane
- Sycamore Meadows – 1273 Stamford Ct
- West Willow Area – CRC Community Resource Center – 2057 Tyler Rd
- Ypsilanti Community High School – 2095 Packard Rd
Lincoln School District
Lincoln School District is offering drive-through food distribution on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays behind the high school. Distribution is available from 10a-1p. If you do not have transportation, please call 734-484-7072 before 10a.
Saline Area Schools
Saline Area Schools is partnering with Saline Area Social Services to provide households with a week supply of groceries including fresh produce, bread, protein, dairy, non-perishables, 2 rolls of toilet paper, and a bar of soap.
Saline Area Social Services is open 10a-5:30p on Mondays, and 10a-2:30p on Tuesday-Thursday for those who need food. They are located at 224 W. Michigan Avenue, Saline.
Dexter Community Schools
Dexter Community Schools is distributing food on Tuesdays and Fridays between 8-9:30a and 11a-12:30p for any child in the community. Food Distribution is at Mill Creek School, 7305 Dexter Ann Arbor Rd.
Chelsea School District
Currently, food pickup is available on Mondays Chelsea School District. Distribution is from 10a-noon at Chelsea High School, 740 N Freer Rd., Chelsea.
Manchester School District
Manchester School District is offering meals for students. Pickups are from 11a-1p on Tuesdays and Fridays in the Manchester Jr/Sr High School Bus Loop. Manchester Jr/Sr High School is located at 20500 Dutch Rd, Manchester. You need to fill out a form in advance (one for each child) to make sure they have enough food.
Milan School District
Milan School District is providing students with meals during the school closure. You need to request them ahead of time. Meals are typically picked up on Tuesdays with orders placed by noon the previous Thursday. It is hard to find information on their website and social media. Hopefully they are communicating with Milan school families via email.
Whitmore Lake Public Schools
Whitmore Lake Public Schools provides a Monday-Friday meal pickup through June 5. Pickup is from 9:30a-11a at Whitmore Lake Elementary School, 1077 Barker Rd. You can pickup both breakfast and lunch at the same time. They have requested families to fill out a one-time survey if they will be picking up food.
Global Educational Excellence
Global Educational Excellence operates several charter schools in Ann Arbor & Ypsilanti. They will be providing Halal meals for pickup between 11a-1p on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays through April 3.
Pickup locations are:
- Global Tech Academy – 1715 E. Forest Ave, Ypsilanti
- Forest Knoll – 693 Arbor Dr, Ypsilanti
- MIA School Ann Arbor – 2301 Plymouth Rd, Ann Arbor
- University Townhouses – 3200 Braeburn Cir, Ann Arbor
- Parkway Meadows – 2575 Sandalwood Cir, Ann Arbor
- Ibrahim Center – 315 S. Ford Blvd, Ypsilanti
- Bilal Center – 4891 W Michigan Ave, Ypsilanti
TeaHaus & EatMoreTea
TeaHaus & EatMore Tea are providing free box lunches for school aged children. They are offered daily from 11a-1p at EatMoreTea, 211 E. Ann St.
Conor O’Neills and Bobcat Bonnies were providing meal when the closures started. Since then, they have both closed and are no longer offering meals. We thank them for the aid they provided.
If you know of other resources for food during the COVID-19 closures, please let us know.