National Parks – Travel Thursday
Today is the 100th anniversary of the US National Park System. I thought I’d combine a Travel Thursday & a Throwback Thursday with pictures from some of our trips to National Parks.
Shenandoah National Park
We visited Shenandoah National Park this spring. I’ve already covered it in our Travel Thursday Virginia Road Trip post from June..
Independence National Historical Park
Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell are operated by the National Park Service as a National Historical Park. We visited in the summer of 2015 as part of our trip to Philadelphia.
Bandelier National Monument
Sleeping Bear Dunes
Closer to home is the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore near Traverse City. We visited in 2011.
Upcoming Sponsored Events
National Mall & Memorial Parks
It’s hard to visit Washington DC and miss the Memorials and Monuments on the Mall. This year we only briefly visited the Mall on a cold, windy, rainy day walking between the metro and museums. In 2011 we made more time to see the Mall and Memorials & Monuments.
Rocky Mountain National Park
My sister lived in Denver for 2 years when my daughter was younger. On one of our trips to visit her, we took a trip to the Rocky Mountain National Park.
Niagara Falls is a National Heritage Area on the US side. When we visited Niagara Falls, we never crossed to the US side, but it’s so pretty I wanted to include a picture. You can see the US park across the falls.
National Parks On Our To-Do List
We always have a few places on our list to visit in the future. There are some National Parks on the list
- Yosemite – We almost visited them this spring, but the Mariposa grove is undergoing a 2 year conservation project and is virtually inaccessible. (Also why we won’t visit in spring 2017).
- Valley Forge & Gettysburg – We have family in Pennsylvania, so we want to make time for both parks on trips to visit family.
- Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island – I would love to plan a trip to New York. I mentioned it for next spring break, but after the cold weather this year, my husband is skeptical.
- Grand Canyon
Latest posts by Anna Mae (see all)
- Virtual Spring Break – Mythology & Fantasy – April 4, 2020
- Saline Area Schools Distance Learning and More Information on School Closures – April 3, 2020
- K-12 Schools Closed for In-Person Learning 2019-2020 School Year – April 2, 2020