Editors Note: Many events are being canceled due to COVID-19. Please check out our COVID-19 Closures article for more information. Please check with the Event Organizer to verify events. All events should have a link in the Event Website in the Contact Information section.
Date(s) - 11/02/2019
NOTE THIS EVENT HAS ALREADY OCCURRED
500 Church St, Ann Arbor
UM’s Physics department hosts the Saturday Morning Physics lecture series during both fall and winter terms. The talks present physics topics to a general audience including older children with non-technical terms.
The sessions are held in Rooms 170 & 182 Weiser Hall
Refreshments are served from 9:50-10:20am
Upcoming Saturday Morning Physics Topics:
- October 12 – What’s so Super about Supercomputing
- October 19 – The Astronet: A Human-Centric Network of Free-Flying
- October 26 – The Birth & Amazing Life of Nonlinear Optics
- November 2- Who Ordered That? The Marvelous Mysterious Muon
- November 16 – Supermassive Black Holes & You
- November 23 – Scientific Publishing: How to Publish in the Right Journal
- December 7 – Black Holes, Facts, Myths & Mysteries
- December 14- Climate Change Opportunities & Challenges for Michigan
- Event Website: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Saturday-Morning-Physics-University-of-Michigan-125161239487/events/?ref=page_internal
- Organizer: University of Michigan Department of Physics
- Organizer Phone: Not Provided
- Organizer Email: Not Provided
Download the event (.ics format) to your event calendar at this link: iCal
Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be cancelled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, or we can make mistakes.