Why Not Wednesday to Feature Giant Games, Face Painting, & More
Disclaimer: Arbor Hills Shopping Center has sponsored this post. All opinions are my own.
July’s Why Not Wednesday? event at Arbor Hills Shopping Center will be held on Wednesday, July 15th from 6-8p. Why Not Wednesday? is an event for all ages that inlcudes live music, demonstrations, special offers, gift-card drawings and other activities. Why Not Wednesday? is held on the third Wednesday of each month through October.
Why Not Wednesday? is a great evening to shop at Arbor Hills. Why Not plan on enjoying dinner at one of the Arbor Hills restaurants and then staying for the music, demonstrations, and shopping. We really enjoyed Bigalora which I reviewed in November. Zola Bistro is also a great option since they accept reservations via Open Table. I love their Monte Cristo, but it is only offered at lunch.
Entertainment & Activities at Why Not Wednesday?
Entertainment at Why Not Wednesday? will include live music, face painting, tarot card reading, a photo booth, and giant games. For my family, I know the Giant Connect 4, Giant Jenga, and Giant Checkers will be a big hit. Flutterby Faces Face Painting will be at the event to turn your child into their favorite fairy, animal, or super hero. After face-painting would be the perfect time to visit the photo booth from Ann Arbor photographer Natalie Mae Photography to capture a favorite summer memory with their creative props. Detroit-born singer/songwriter Sean Z will be providing music for the night with his blues infused pop-rock. Also Shining Star Astrology will be on hand so you can have your Tarot Cards read.
Try It Out at Why Not Wednesday?
Sur La Table will have in-store demos of smoothies and homemade peanut butter. I know my daughter will want to be first in line for these! Kids will also want to visit Paper Source for their “Make & Take” craft. It may be mid-summer, but it’s a great time to stock up on jeans with sales at My Urban Toddler and Madewell as well as a denim fitting demo at EVEREVE. Other items to try at Why Not Wednesday? include:
- Mighty Good Coffee – Free Samples of their most popular drinks. Plus mention Mighty Good Coffee or post photos of “latte art” to a social network site to receive a coupon for their next visit.
- EVEREVE – Denim Fitting Demo
- Bluemercury – M-61 Express Treatment & gift bag with purchase
- Sola Salon -Free 5-minute mini massage from the Massage Loft; Red Diamond StyleBar will demonstrate quick, fun Summer styling techniques
Special Offers at Why Not Wednesday?
It may be mid-summer, but it’s a great time to stock up on jeans with sales at My Urban Toddler and Madewell and a denim fitting demo at EVEREVE. Stores with special offers during Why Not Wednesday? are:
- My Urban Toddler – 10% off one pair of jeans or 20% off two or more pairs of jeans
- Brooks Brothers Flat Iron Shop – $25 off $100 purchase
- J. Jill – 30% off linen
- Running Fit – Summer Apparel Clearance – save 20-40% on select styles
- Sola Salon – Skintastic is offering 25% off your first session with the purchase of a laser package.
- The North Face – Summer Clearance – save 30% on select styles
- Madewell – “Blue Jeans Go Green” – Donate a pair of old jeans to receive a $20 certificate for a new pair.
- Vie: Fitness & Spa – Certificate for 1 month of unlimited ViPR classes
- V2V – 20% off Summer Sale items
About Arbor Hills
Arbor Hills is located on Washtenaw Avenue at the south east corner of the intersection with Platt Rd. It first opened in late 2013. The shopping center hosts a variety of locally owned stores and national brands with a mix of dining, services, and retail categories. Follow Arbor Hills on Facebook (ShopArborHills) and Twitter (@ShopArborHills).
Upcoming Why Not Wednesday? Events
Check the calendar for all of the upcoming Why Not Wednesday? events.