This Weekend at Ann Arbor Parks…Swimming & Ice Skating
This weekend Ann Arbor Parks is giving you the choice…Embrace the winter with Buhr Blitz at the Buhr Park Outdoor Ice Arena, or Escape the Winter with Splash Days at Mack Pool.
Buhr Blitz is from 2:30-4:30p on Saturday, January 25 at the Buhr Park Outdoor Ice Arena. In addition to ice skating there will be games, contests, and prizes. Standard Open Skating Rates apply:
- Adults: $5/resident, $6/non-resident
- Youth (17 & under) $4/resident, $5/non-resident
- Senior (60+) $4/resident, $5/non-resident
- Skate Rental $3
Buhr Park is at 2751 Packard Rd. With a forecast high of 23 tomorrow, it is definitely the best day for outdoor ice skating.
Splash Days are held regularly at Mack Pool on Sundays throughout the fall, winter and spring. The next Splash Day is on Sunday, January 26 from 2-4p. There will be games, activities, and prizes both in and out of the pool. Mack Pool is located at 715 Brooks Street at Ann Arbor Open School. Admission is $5 for adults, $4 for kids 4-17, FREE for kids 3 and under with a paid adult. Other upcoming Splash Days are February 9 and 23, March 16 and 30, April 13 and 27, and May 18.
Personally, after the polar vortex, I’d welcome an escape to the pool for Splash Days.
Latest posts by Ann Arbor with Kids (see all)
- Arbor Annie’s Spring Forward Weekend Picks March 9-11 – March 9, 2018
- A Wrinkle in Time In Theaters Now – March 9, 2018
- Rotary Club Launches Fight Summer Hunger Fund and Food Drive – March 6, 2018