Thanksgiving Day Roundup
Happy Thanksgiving to all of my readers! I am Thankful for you & your support of this site throughout the year. I am putting together a quick roundup for Thanksgiving.
Are you wondering what’s open today? Your best bet its to assume places are closed (libraries, museums, indoor play locations, stores, etc).
Maybe you forgot a last minute ingredient, are looking for a family activity, or maybe your meal was a flop and you need to find an alternate dinner. Here is some information on who is open:
- Grocery Stores
- Meijer – 24 hours for Thanksgiving
- Busch’s Closes at 6p
- Plum Market Closes at 6p
- Krogers Closes at 5p
- Lucky’s Market Closes at 4p
- Trader Joe’s – Closed All Day
- Movie Theaters are Open
- Outdoor Parks are open including the outdoor portion of Leslie Science & Nature Center. If the morning rain ends and it dries off, a walk can be a fun way to burn off the holiday calories
- MetroParks have free vehicle admission today.
- Check with each restaurant. Many offer Thanksgiving Specials
What I’m not including are the stores that are opening for holiday shopping tonight.
Disclosure: Links below are affiliate links. Ann Arbor with Kids receives a percentage of each sale which helps to support the website.
For Thanksgiving, I am going to skip the stores that are opening this evening for Black Friday shopping. I’ve already been shopping at Target.com and already scored a deal on LEGO Jurassic World for Wii U and am debating Disney Infinity 3.0.
Other Amazon Deals:
Upcoming Sponsored Events
- Select Lionel Trains 50% off at Amazon
- Rockband 4 Wireless Guitar Bundle for PS4 or Xbox One
- Amazon Fire Kids Tablet – save $15 for $84.99
- Amazon Fire Tablet – save $15 for $34.99
- Lightning Deals throughout the day
Earlier this week, I shared some family fun activities for Thanksgiving or other gatherings. We love our Word Draw game and I am planning to bring it with us today. I also shared some Fill in the Blank Stories (my version of Mad Libs). I’m bringing both to Thanksgiving today.
Also, if you’re looking for a quick breakfast idea, these turkey cinnamon rolls were a big hit at our house.
Latest posts by Anna Mae (see all)
- North American International Auto Show Rolls into Town – Enter to Win Tickets – January 12, 2019
- Arbor Annie’s Weekend Roundup – January 11-13 – January 11, 2019
- Ann Arbor Restaurant Week Winter 2019 – January 9, 2019