Star Wars & Holiday Events This Weekend
The calendar says we are only one week away from Christmas and that the kids are done with school for 2015. However, the big news this weekend is not the holidays. It is the opening of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. We would have loved to see the movie in early release on Thursday night, but my daughter had a school event. We already have our tickets for Friday. I’ll try to post a spoiler-free review over the weekend. Beyond seeing the movie, AADL will hold a Light Saber Academy at 2p on Sunday at the Pittsfield Branch.
Once we’ve seen the movie on Friday, I can return to our holiday preparations – I can’t believe that the holiday break is already here.
Arbor Annie’s Weekend Event Picks
Arbor Annie’s top picks for Friday are:
- 5-9p Pets and Pajamas Movie Night at HSHV
- 6-8p Polar Express Kids Night at Pittsfield Community Center
Arbor Annie’s top picks for Saturday are:
- 11a-1p Santa’s Workshop with 107.1FM at Arbor Hills
- 1-2p Classical Bells Concert at Downtown Branch of AADL
- 4-5p Teen Cookie Decorating Party at Downtown Branch of Ypsi Library
Arbor Annie’s Sunday picks are:
- 1p Pancakes with Santa at Performance Network Theater
- 1:30p Holiday Classic Film Series – It’s a Wonderful Life at Michigan Theater
- 2p Miracle on 34th Street at Rave Cinemas
- 2-4p Sing Some Carols with Santa at Conor O’Neills
This weekend is one of the last opportunities to visit Santa before the holidays, so be sure to check our list of Santa Sightings.
Upcoming Sponsored Events
There are several theatrical productions around town this weekend. Young Actors Guild will be performing Three Musketeers this weekend. In addition, there are several holiday shows to pick from. I love A Charlie Brown Christmas, so I was excited to see the Beck Ridge Productions is performing it in Canton. Dickens: An A Capella Carol continues at Performance Network and An Almost British Christmas at The Yellow Barn.
Holiday events that run all season are Holiday Nights at Greenfield Village (which is sold out for this weekend), Lights Before Christmas at Toledo Zoo and Winter Wonderland at the Edsel & Eleanor Ford House.
I shared some of the best Holiday Lights Displays near Ann Arbor. If you know of others not on the list, please let me know so I can add them to the list.
All Weekend Events:
Latest posts by Anna Mae (see all)
- North American International Auto Show Rolls into Town – Enter to Win Tickets – January 12, 2019
- Arbor Annie’s Weekend Roundup – January 11-13 – January 11, 2019
- Ann Arbor Restaurant Week Winter 2019 – January 9, 2019