Pre-Halloween Adventures in Ann Arbor with Kids
Since Halloween is next Saturday, many places are holding their celebrations this weekend. Some of my favorite Halloween celebrations are this week. In addition to the Halloween events, there are a number of other great events. I think this weekend needs to be twice as long to attend as many events as we would like!
Halloween Activities this Weekend
Ann Arbor Halloween Activities
Now that my daughter is older, my favorite Ann Arbor Halloween celebration is the Family Halloween Party at the UM Museum of Natural History on Sunday.
Other Ann Arbor Halloween Activities that I recommend are Saturday’s GameStart Fall Festival. My daughter has been asking to go since receiving a flyer at school. We attended last year and she had a lot of fun. Unfortunately I don’t know that it will work in our schedule this year.
A few other Halloween activities include Halloween at the Ann Arbor Farmers Market, Kids Club Pet Spider at Michaels, and Spooky Species at The Creature Conservancy. Be sure to check the event calendar at the bottom of the post for the full activity list.
Halloween Beyond Ann Arbor
Upcoming Sponsored Events
Halloween Events Guide
Plus, don’t miss our complete Halloween Events Guide for fun holiday activities this weekend and through next week.
On Sunday, we recommend Ann Arbor Symphony Orchestra’s Gershwin’s Magic Key at Michigan Theater. Tickets are still available, so don’t miss out on the fun!
The Girls on the Run Superhero 5K is also on Sunday afternoon. Unfortunately the schedule overlaps wit the concert so you cannot attend both events.
The weather forecast for Saturday is looking a bit iffy. Fortunately, some of the Halloween events are indoors.
First run movies in the theater include Goosebumps, Hotel Transylvania 2, and Pan. My daughter enjoyed Pan when she saw it last weekend at a birthday party.
There’s only a little more time to visit an Apple Orchard, Cider Mill, or Corn Maze. This past week we visited both Talladay Corn Maze on Sunday and Wasem Fruit Farm for pumpkins on Tuesday afternoon. It’s looking like Sunday may be the better day based on the weather.
My Weekend Picks
In addition to the activities listed above, my top weekend picks are:
- 8p Orchestra Halloween Concert at Pease Auditorium
- 10a Cardboard Challenge at Ann Arbor Art Center
- 10a Rosie the Riveter Guinness World Record Event at Willow Run Bomber Plant
- 11a Meet Snoopy at Quality 16
- 7p Dive-In Movie – Monsters, Inc. at Mack Pool
- 10a Create Your Own Chocolate Haunted House at Whole Foods Market (Washtenaw)
- 2p Caped Crusaders at Downtown Branch of AADL
Be sure to check below for the full weekend event list for the latest schedule of family events around Ann Arbor.
Latest posts by Anna Mae (see all)
- North American International Auto Show Rolls into Town – Enter to Win Tickets – January 12, 2019
- Arbor Annie’s Weekend Roundup – January 11-13 – January 11, 2019
- Ann Arbor Restaurant Week Winter 2019 – January 9, 2019