Happy Father’s Day!
Happy Father’s Day to all the Dads out there. It’s going to be a gorgeous, but hot day. If I was planning outdoor activities, I’d make sure they included water. Arbor Annie & I decided to pull together a few activity and event suggestions from our calendar and past reviews for kids and dads to do together.
Ann Arbor Comic Arts Festival
Yesterday, my daughter and I attended the Ann Arbor Comic Arts Festival. We had a great time and would definitely return today if we didn’t have family plans outside of Ann Arbor. Honestly, I was expecting to spend the day working on my iPad while my daughter listened to talks and learned to draw. It turns out that I was drawn into the activities as much as she was. The only work that I got done was sharing pictures on Instagram.
Upcoming Sponsored Events
Swimming with Dad
Last year, my family celebrated Father’s Day at Rolling Hills Water Park. It was not as crowded as other Sundays. Of course the heat today, may increase the crowds. Other options are any of the other pools in the area – Buhr, Fuller, or Rutherford Pool (Veterans Pool is closed). If you are considering Fuller Park Pool, there was a lacrosse tournament in the area yesterday and it was causing traffic and parking nightmares, I don’t know if it continues today.
Is a movie your choice of a way to beat the heat?
I know my husband enjoys watching classic movies from our childhood with our daughter. Quality 16 is showing Flashback Cinema: Raiders of the Lost Ark. There are showings at 2&7p. Or you can wait until it cools off outside and check out the 30th Anniversary Screening of Labyrinth as the Top of the Park Movie.
For information on more recent movies, be sure to check out our Summer 2016 Movie Guide for reviews on the latest summer movies.
Kids Eat Free
Thinking of going out to eat? Consider these places where Kids Eat Free on Sunday.
- Maiz Cantina – 36 E. Cross St, Ypsilanti – Kids Eat Free all day on Sunday noon-10p. (Max of 2 kids per adult, must order from kids menu – ages 10 & under.) (Verified 5/2016)
- Bagger Dave’s 859 W. Eisenhower Parkway. Kids Meals $2.75 (Dine In Only, Kids 12 & Under) (Updated 4/2016)
- Mac’s Acadian Seafood Shack – 104 E. Michigan Ave, Saline – Kids Eat FREE on Sunday from their kids menu. (Verified 10/2015)
Latest posts by Anna Mae (see all)
- Ypsilanti’s Riverside Park Playground – Tuesday Playground Profile – August 20, 2019
- Ann Arbor Back to School Guide – August 20, 2019
- Arbor Annie’s Weekday Roundup – August 19-23 – August 19, 2019