Greenfield Village is having a Summer Extravaganza of Living History this summer (June 15 through August 18). They will have a number of special presentations daily at Greenfield Village. In looking through the list, I see many that would appeal to my daughter.
A few highlights I think she would enjoy:
|Baseball on the Green from The Henry Ford – America’s
Greatest History Attraction’s Facebook Page
- Tales from Huck Finn – Meet Huckleberry Finn in a 20 minute show – Wednesday & Thursday
- Laura’s Little Town – Meet young Laura Ingalls before she became a teacher in this 15 minute show celebrating the 70th anniversary of Little Town on the Prairie – Friday-Tuesday
- Edison’s Light Fantastic – Meet Thomas Edison
- Games on the Green
- Live Puppet Theater
- Historic Baseball – Saturday & Sunday at 1:30p through August
- Wild in Michigan! The Animals Among Us
- School Days
- Candlestick Making – $5
- Candle-Dipping Workshop – $3 (small), $6 standard
- Make Your Own Bookmark on a Real Loom (Friday-Sunday) – $5
Except where noted, activities above are included with your Greenfield Village admission. Greenfield Village is $24/adults (13-61), $17.50/youth (5-12), $22/seniors, and free for children 4 & Under. Members receive free admission. Our Henry Ford-Greenfield membership is still valid for a few weeks, so I may try to take her before it expires. Unfortunately, Tales from Huck Finn and Laura’s Little Town run on opposite days so we cannot do both in the same trip. Since I want her to read the Little House books this summer, I think we will try to see Laura’s Little Town first.