Frigid Temps! Updated Closure Information
With the sub zero temps particularly wind-chills below -20F and many streets still not cleared, most local schools are closed again tomorrow. In addition, many other local businesses are closed or operating on delays. As I did for Monday, I am again providing some information on events and activities.
Personally I am glad that they have announced the closures the night before. My daughter’s birthday was over break and she wants to bring in a treat the first day back. Since I have known by late afternoon that school was closed (and suspected closure before then), I have held off on baking so she can bring in fresh treats (hopefully on Wednesday).
As always, your best bet is to call your desired location to confirm their hours. Also, if venturing out in your car with possibly unplowed roads and the extreme low temperatures, it may be a wise idea to pack extra blankets and winter gear to keep you warm if you get stuck somewhere.
- Ann Arbor Hands on Museum
- Ann Arbor Public Schools Including Afterschool Sports
- Ann Arbor Rec & Ed Classes, including evening classes
- Learning Express of Ann Arbor (Westgate Shopping Center)
- The Toledo Zoo
Opening Late (Potentially Switching to Closures):
- Ann Arbor Parks & Recreation closed until 1p (On Monday they switched to a full-day closure)
- Whole Foods Markets open at 10a
- Goldfish Swim School with family swim from noon-2p
- Jump City added a school’s closed bounce time from 9:30-11:30a
- The Jungle Gym
Do you have any openings, delays, or closures to add? Send them to us via comment, email, or Facebook.
Latest posts by Ann Arbor with Kids (see all)
- Arbor Annie’s Spring Forward Weekend Picks March 9-11 – March 9, 2018
- A Wrinkle in Time In Theaters Now – March 9, 2018
- Rotary Club Launches Fight Summer Hunger Fund and Food Drive – March 6, 2018