My family loves The Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village. We didn’t visit for the first time until my daughter was 4. However, we have returned many times since then. Before our visit, I did not realize how many kid-friendly activities there were…Hint – bring a bag to carry their rubbings and paper airplanes.
Several times a year they hold Target Family Days
which offer free admission and special activities. There are two remaining Target Family Days in 2013:
- September 2 – Labor Day
- November 22 – 50th Anniversary of JFK’s Assassination
Additionally, Bank of America and Merrill Lynch provide their credit or debit card holders with a free museum admission on the first weekend of the month at select museums across the country. The Henry Ford Museum is on the list as are these additional Michigan museums:
- Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History – Detroit
- Detroit Historical Museum – Detroit
- Motown Museum – Detroit
- Flint Institute of the Arts – Flint
- Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park – Grand Rapids
- Grand Rapids Art Museum – Grand Rapids
Last year we visited the Henry Ford Museum with friends who took advantage of this program. They needed to go to the ticket counter to show their card and ID and received tickets. Their cards granted them access and we were able to bring their son in with our Companion Flex membership.