Farmers Markets Around Ann Arbor
As summer starts and we enter the growing season, there are Farmers Markets popping up all over the Ann Arbor Area. I wanted to pull together a list of where and when they are. If I’ve missed one, add it in the comments below or send me an email and I will make sure to add it to the blog. At the bottom of the post, I have the Farmers Markets listed by days of the week.
The biggest farmers market in the area is the Ann Arbor Farmers Market which operates year round, varying the hours:
- 7a-3p May -December
- 8a-3p January-April
- 7a-3p May-December
- Wednesday Evening Market
- 4-8p June-October
Cobblestone Farm Market is held on Tuesdays from 4-7p at Cobblestone Farm from late spring through fall. For 2014 they opened on May 20 and run through October 28. They have children’s activities each week as well as live entertainment. Cobblestone Farm is located at 2781 Packard Ave.
The Pittsfield Township Farmers Market is held from 3-7p on Thursdays at the Pittsfield Township Office, 6201 W. Michigan Ave. For 2014 the market opens on June 5 and runs through October 9. In addition to the fresh foods available they also offer special activities and entertainment.
The Ann Arbor Westside Farmers Market is held in the Zingerman’s Road House parking lot in Westgate Shopping Center on Thursdays from 3-7p. The 2014 season will begin on June 5.
The Ypsilanti Farmers Markets are held in Depot Town on Saturday mornings (9a-1p) and Downtown on Tuesdays from 2-6p. The Downtown Market is on Ferris St between Adams and Hamilton. The Depot Town Farmers Market is located at 100 Rice St. The outdoor markets are open May to October.
Upcoming Sponsored Events
The Saline Farmers Market is held Downtown on Saturdays from May through October, at the Saline District Library on Tuesdays in June through September, and indoors at the Liberty School from November through April. The Downtown Market is from 8a-noon in the parking lot at Michigan Avenue and Ann Arbor Rd. In 2014 it will run from May 3 through October 11 and then move indoors at the Liberty School for the remainder of 2014. The Tuesday market at the Saline Library (555 N. Maple Rd) is from 3-7p on Tuesdays. The indoor farmers market at the Liberty School (7265 Saline Ann Arbor Rd) is from 9a-noon on Saturday mornings.
The Dexter Farmers Market is held on Saturdays from 8a-1p and Tuesday 2-6p from May through October. They are open from 8a-1p on Saturdays and 2-6p on Tuesdays. They are located on Alpine St in downtown Dexter.
The new Garden Market A’fair is located in Arbor Hills Shopping Center (3010 Washtenaw Ave). They are open Fridays from 7a-11a and Sundays from 8a-1p.
Farmers Markets by Day:
- 2-6p Ypsilanti Depot Town Farmers Market
- 2-6p Dexter Farmers Market
- 3-7p Saline Farmers Market at Saline Library
- 4-7p Cobblestone Farm
- 7a-3p Ann Arbor Farmers Market
- 4-8p Wednesday Evening Market at Ann Arbor Farmers Market
- 3-7p West Side Farmers Market
- 3-7p Pittsfield Township Farmers Market
- 7-11a Garden Market A’fair
- 3:30-7:30p Dixboro Farmers Market
- 7a-3p Ann Arbor Farmers Market
- 8a-1p Dexter Farmers Market
- 8a-noon Saline Farmers Market in Downtown Saline
- 9a-1p Ypsilanti Downtown Farmers Market
- 8-1p Garden Market A’fair
Latest posts by Anna Mae (see all)
- Arbor Annie’s Weekend Roundup – August 23-25 – August 23, 2019
- Ypsilanti’s Riverside Park Playground – Tuesday Playground Profile – August 20, 2019
- Ann Arbor Back to School Guide – August 20, 2019