Ann Arbor I-94 Construction
Ann Arbor I-94 construction will happen this summer and fall on the stretch between US-23 and Zeeb Rd. The construction will include weekend and evening road and ramp closures.
The improvements include concrete pavement repairs, resurfacing, and culvert maintenance.
Ann Arbor I-94 Construction Zone This Week
Michigan Football heads north to East Lansing this week, which means construction on I-94. There will be a single lane closure both east and west bound from Rawsonville Rd to the east and Wagner Rd to the west.
The closure of a single lane on I-94 runs from 9p on Friday, October 19 to 6a Sunday, October 21.
The closure map can be found on the MI Drive website.
Ann Arbor I-94 Construction Zone
The Ann Arbor I-94 Construction Zone runs from Carpenter Road to State Street. Carpenter Rd is just east of the US-23 interchange. The US-23/I-94 interchange is also on the improvement list. The press release also mentions improvements to the I-94/US-12 interchange.
Ann Arbor I-94 Construction Timing
Construction is scheduled to start in July. Construction should end in November. During the construction time, expect lane closures at night and on the weekends. The plan is for two weekends with the highway closed in one direction. They also expect three weekend closures for the US23/I94 interchange::
- SB23-I94 ramp
- NB23-I94 ramp
- EB94-US23 ramp
There will be no lane or road closures on high traffic weeks: holiday weekends, Ann Arbor Art Fair, or Michigan Home Football Games.
Previous Ann Arbor I-94 Construction Closures
This article is being updated each week as new closures are announced. The following closures have already happened:
- October 1-4 – NB US-23 & I-94 ramps plus lane closures on NB 23.
- September 25-30 – All Ramps with Southbound US-23 and one lane on SB US-23
- August 27-September 5 –
- Single Lane Closures on WB I-94 from US-23 to M-14
- Intermittent two hour closures of ramp from Ann Arbor Saline to WB-I-94
- Intermittent two hour closures of ramp from Jackson Rd to I-94
- August 24-26 – Westbound I-94 US-23 to M-14 and Southbound US-23 ramps
- August 17-19 – Eastbound I-94 M-14 to US-23 plus northbound US-23 ramps to and from I-94
- August 10-12 – Eastbound I-94 M-14 to US-23
- August 3-5 – Westbound I-94 from US-23 to M-14
- July 27-30 – Eastbound 94 ramps at 23
We were lucky to miss the Westbound I-94 closure on August 3-5 since we were visiting family in Pennsylvania.
As more closure dates are announced, this article will be updated. You can search for updates on the construction closures on the MDOT website. Unfortunately, since the end of July, they have changed the MDOT MiDrive website. The new page does not give as much detail on closures.
Upcoming Sponsored Events
Thoughts on Ann Arbor I-94 Construction
We use this section of I-94 on a daily basis. At least the lane and highway closures will occur in off-peak hours. The I-94/US-12 interchange desperately needs repairs. The ramp to WB-94 has had a pothole problem for a few years.
Latest posts by Ann Arbor with Kids (see all)
- Ann Arbor I-94 Construction – October 18, 2018
- Ann Arbor Pumpkin Patches – October 13, 2018
- Whiting Forest of Dow Gardens & the Longest Canopy Walk – Activity Review – October 12, 2018